Adam Weinberg (President of Denison University) wrote the following article:
In it he writes some valuable tips including:
- Value comes largely from fit. If the fit is wrong it is nearly impossible to get a good education – no matter how good the college is
- Mentorship especially from a faculty member is crucial
- Students are more likely to succeed when they are able to participate in activities outside the classroom (student organizations, athletics etc)
- Students learn a lot from one another
- Discuss fit! Prefer small classes or lecture halls? More comfortable in urban setting or rural? What kinds of people do you thrive around?
- Choose a college where you can pursue your passions
- Visit the colleges if possible
For more tips read the entire article.