On April 12 at 9:40am we will have Dartmouth, New York University, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Washington University at St Louis visiting Band. This week we will post fun facts about each of the visiting colleges – one per day and in alphabetical order.
So let´s start with DARTMOUTH! Dartmouth is one of the Ivy League colleges. Did you also know that Dartmouth is:
- Dartmouth accepted 2 Band students in the past 2 years!
- #1 in study abroad. Dartmouth leads the ivies in study abroad.
- Top ten for internship success.
- 4,214 unique individuals. Students come from 50 states and 71 countries.
- $46,315 average scholarship. Every year awards more than $88 million in need-based scholarships.
- 7:1 student to faculty ratio.
- Over 2,100 courses. Catalog includes the flexibility to design individualized study.
- Over $200 million annually in sponsored research. Classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a “research university with very high research activity.” Undergraduates can participate in research alongside faculty and graduate students as early as their first year.
- Recognized nationally for commitment to undergraduate teaching, every year since the ranking began. Classrooms are led by stellar faculty.
- #2 in return on investment. Alumni pay it forward as their way of saying “thanks.”
Want to learn more? Come to the event on April 12!